Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Meatloaf and bashed neeps

I like to eat. I like to eat a lot. Last night I indulged myself. On the menu:

  • meatloaf (about one pound of ground beef, one pound of ground pork, onions and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil then finished with wine, a sprinkle of home-grown herbs, mush together, roast in the oven for about 45 minutes on 350)
  • brussel sprouts and carrots (tossed in olive oil, then roasted with the meatloaf--though they were a teeny bit overdone, so next time I'll put them in ten minutes after the meatloaf
  • bashed neeps (i.e. rutabaga: just cut it up, boil for 15 minutes or so, then rough mash)
Imagine very large serving size. Followed by a mound of fresh pineapple and a pile of blueberries. Followed by beatific smile. And tea.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print