Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lightspeed Author Spotlight: an interview

My story, "Song of Bullfrogs, Cry of Geese" is featured in this month's Lightspeed magazine. There's an Author Spotlight (a short interview, 850 words) to go with it:
Can you tell us about how your story, “Song of Bullfrogs, Cry of Geese,” came about for you?
In spring 1989, in England, after a bout of flu, I didn’t recover my strength. I went from being the kind of person who goes running in the morning, teaches self-defense in the afternoon, and studies karate at night to a wraith who had lost twenty pounds, didn’t have the strength to sit up straight, and couldn’t walk half a block. [cont'd]
I also talk a bit about what a rush it was to write Hild.

Until the end of the week you can read for free both story and interview--along with great short fiction by Catherine Valente, Linda Nagata, and Dale Bailey. Or you can buy the ebook, which also includes pieces by Vernor Vinge, Michael Chabon, Paolo Bacigalupi, Kage Baker, and many others. Enjoy.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print